Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Awesome Mysooru City Dasara lightings

Today, I was home a bit early; had plans to go around the city to see the lights. My parents were waiting to join me. [Shruthi and Yashas are in Chickmagalur for Yashas's Dasara vacations :( ] On my way I picked my granny from her place and we all set out to view the lightings.

I saw the distant Chamundi hill's outlined lights. It was looking as though an elephant has kneeled down to carry Godess Chamundi on its back (could see the temple on the elephant's back) This was my imagination though, but the lights on the hill are splendid.

We followed the lights starting from JLB road (from Hyundai showroom) and we reached the City Railway station. I feel, this the first time the city has more lights than every before. The Railway station circle lights were very beautiful.
We entered the Sayyaji Rao road and this road was looking magnificent; five columns of serial lights were hanging over the road. It was truly a majestic feeling !!!!
Though its a Mysore road, the traffic made me feel as though I'm in Bengaluru !!! It took me 20 mins to reach the end of that road.

From there we crossed the palace, opp to Dasara Exhibition ground and reached Harding circle. We turned left and drove in front of the Balarama gate of the Palace. The circle lights (opp to town hall) were not so special so also the KR circle lights.

From there we headed towards DD Urs road. The showrooms on the road were specially decorated with disco lights and all kinda fancy lights !!! When I was heading back to JLB road, I remembered my friend telling me, therez a chaat mela at the Metropole hotel. I told my dad we can try out something and it would be fun to have chaats when its raining. When I went inside the hotel, I came to know that the chats would be served only between 5 to 8:30 PM and it was 8:40. With a disappointed heart (appetite rather) we came out of the hotel and headed towards Saraswathipuram.

We heartily ate at the road side chaatwaalah (my regular hang-out) and turned towards Kuvempunagar double road. The trees on the road were also lighted and the bright green light in the middle of each tree was an anomaly to a cherry on an ice-cream bowl :)

It was 9:20PM and we decided to head towards home. This drive was truly memorable to all of us :)
Heading back home, I was praying to God - On this Vijayadashmi, let everyone be Victorious over the evils like H1N1 and over this crazy recession !!!

Be Victorious !!!

1 comment:

  1. Hay good job Raghu.... I feel I miss something reali beautiful this season... I envy u ;)

    ReplyDelete